EAOHP & EU-OSHA ‘Eusebio Rial-González Innovation & Practice Award in Occupational Health Psychology’
EAOHP has recently lost one of its founding members, Dr Eusebio Rial-González. Seb will always be remembered as a beloved colleague and true innovator in occupational health psychology. He was a key member of the team that established the European Academy of Occupational Health Psychology and served as the EAOHP Finance Officer and member of its Conference Organising Committee until 2002. He subsequently moved to the European Agency for Safety & Health at Work in Bilbao, Spain. As Head of its Prevention and Research Unit, Seb was the architect of the Agency’s Healthy Workplaces’ campaign on work-related stress and psychosocial risks. Amongst his other EU-OSHA achievements are the design and launch of ESENER, the European Survey of Enterprises on New and Emerging Risks, the launch of the Online interactive Risk Assessment project, OiRA, and the setting up of the OSHwiki.
To honour his life and work, EAOHP is launching the ‘Eusebio Rial-González Innovation & Practice Award in OHP’ in collaboration with EU-OSHA at its next conference in Athens, 11-13 April 2016.
This biennial Award is open to any OHP researcher or practitioner whose work has made a considerable contribution to the field of occupational health psychology. Candidates may nominate themselves or be nominated by a third party. The candidate would either have contributed to the promotion of OHP through their innovative research or innovative practice. This could mean that their research has contributed to the development of innovative guidelines or the implementation of international, national or organisational OHP programmes that have made a difference in this area through their impact, or that they have played a key role in implementing such programmes. This impact would be documented, for example, by scientific publications, guidelines or products, and testified by colleagues and/or users. Special focus will be placed on innovations in OHP research and/or practice that promote a participatory approach such as social partner involvement and/or workers’ participation.
- Full CV.
- Cover letter outlining the innovation in OHP research and/or practice achieved and how it fulfils the award criteria.
- Supporting evidence of innovation in OHP research and/or practice (e.g. publications, guidelines, testimonials, products).
- 2 references in support of the application evaluating the innovation in OHP research and/or practice.
Waived conference registration fee for the next EAOHP conference and presentation of EAOHP Award at the conference closing ceremony. The award recipient will also be publicised through the EAOHP and EU-OSHA websites and newsletters.
Two members of the EAOHP Executive Committee and two members of EU-OSHA will review each application. Decision criteria include:
- Is the work largely the candidate's own?
- Is the work of exceptional quality in terms of OHP research and/or practice?
- Is the work pioneering in OHP research and/or practice?
- Does the work promote a participatory approach such as social partner involvement and/or workers' participation?
- What is the evidence of impact of the work and potential in the future?
- Quality of supporting documents and references.
Applications are invited by email (at Stavroula.Leka@nottingham.ac.uk) and/or post (at Professor Stavroula Leka, EAOHP, c/o University of Nottingham, Level B, Yang Fujia Building, Jubilee Campus, Wollaton Road, Nottingham NG8 1BB, UK) until the 15th of February 2016. Committee members will arrive at a judgement and notify the successful candidate by the 7th of March 2016.